|Small home office set up in Savannah|
Over the last few years I have spent a lot of time focusing on location independence. The tiny house gave us security to be able to travel more and because of that we spend a lot of time away from home traveling. Since we moved into the tiny house we have:
- Camped for 1 week every summer.
- Spent 2 months in Michigan with family for the holidays in 2012. (And shorter visits in 2013 and 2014)
- Visited friends in New Mexico and Arizona.
- Spent 10 days in London.
- Traveled for a month this winter going to St. Augustine, Savannah, Charleston, and Wilmington NC.
- Spent 10 days in Portland for the Tiny House Conference.
For this reason, my tiny home office is still a backpack-style laptop case. In it I have my computer, headset for important calls, and my wireless internet hotspot. Since moving into the tiny house I have also upgraded to an iPhone which makes some work on the go even easier. I do also keep a notebook, portfolio, business cards, and stationary with me.
Location independent work and the people who do it, who are often referred to as Technomads, is a highly rewarding experience. Before quitting my job I didn't think it would be possible either, but now three years later my own business is going strong and I am grateful to be able to work from anywhere.
Do you want to work from anywhere? What do you want to to know about my tiny, portable home office and how to be location independent.