But the wait is over! We have trim!
The look we were going for is sort of a Board and Batten look. Except, we don't have boards and battens - we have stained plywood siding and some 1X2s to cover up some seams. In fact, we did some serious debating whether we wanted to put our "battens" ever foot like traditional board and batten. We finally settled on putting them ever two feet because we liked the way it turned out. Heck, we can always add the additional pieces if we ever decide to change it up.
So here is what we have.
You can't really tell in this photo but the windows and window trim are the same gray as the metal roof.
While we were working on the house, Piglet was pretty upset that she was left out. Or, left in as the case may be.
Piglet! We're out here!
I'm really happy with the way it looks. Also, the dark wood stain with the gray was intended to match the barn that was already on the land.
Here is an old photo of the barn in winter from January 2009. Oh, and my Element - super cute!